
Happy Sunday to my peeps! I found this leaf the other day while taking my walk, and it was so pretty I brought it home and put gel medium on it to preserve it. Then I went to work and unfortunately, the medium stuck it to the waxed paper and when I pulled it off, there were spots. But it doesn't matter, it's still beautiful. I like the back of it, too.

If I preserved every leaf I saw on my walks, I would have 3,471* just since autumn began.
I wanted to fulfill my promise to show you my finished baked goods. As you know, I started them here. Don't they look fabulous?!

Well, they don't look like that any more. We had a guest yesterday and now they look like wild beasts got to them before the oven cooled down. I added chopped walnuts to the pumpkin bread mix and added chocolate chips to half of that. It was like being on Top Chef.

This is one of the cutest little guys I've ever seen. You can get the tutorial for it here.
Not only does Pam Harris craft and paint, she also bakes. I'm not saying she goes so far as to bake from Trader Joe's baking mixes, because that takes a really special hand. But look at these tips for holiday baking. It's enough to make me go out and buy cream of tartar.
My sketchbook is coming along fabulously. I've only torn three pages out of it so far!
*conservative estimate
7 comments:
You are making me hungry for artmaking and breads and muffins. Gotta get to my studio and clean it first. Thanks Chris.
You have been busy over here! I am so very behind in visiting my blog friends, well, this pumpkin bread WITH chocolate chips please have satisfied.
Good for you! to have joined this sketchbook project, please please share when you have finished yours.
x..x
steph
Chris, please let me hire you to bake my T-giving sweets! I CANNOT bake, I repeat, CANNOT.
I love the little horse ornament! Cutie pie :o)
lol You have me laughing over your idea of collecting a leaf every day. Yes, that would be BIG PILE OF LEAVES in your apartment! And YUM to everything that you've baked. It all looks so good.
What a nice surprise to find my little Dala horse featured on your post! Thank you, Chris! I am glad you are thinking of making one. If you'll just come up for a few days, I'll make one with you!
Your pumpking bread looks so good I am sure I can taste it from here! I KNOW I can smell it all the way up here in Portland! You are tempting my to give the Trader Joe's mixes a try.
Diane's favorite fall treat (besides pumpkin pie and apple pie) is Pumpkin Bread with chocolate chips and nuts!! Bet you didn't know that!
I love this leaf... so simple in it's grace and beauty... and your breads... It's almost time for me to make stuffing for our turkey... happiest of thanksgiving to you... roxanne
good idea with the leaf..your baking is making me hungry
Post a Comment