March 24, 2008

Happy Easter Leftovers!


I hope everyone had a lovely Easter? Mine was very fun, very relaxing, and fairly productive.
I dyed tags.

You may have seen this done by Michelle Ward. And it just looked so amazing to me that I had to try it this year. I used your basic PAAS Easter egg color dye tablets with vinegar, and dipped away.

Here is a fairly viewable picture of my tags.




And you see, to the left, the paper toweling I used for resting the wet tags and catching drips, how it looks all spotty and rainbow-pretty?
Well, I couldn't stand it. I decided to use the rest of the dye on paper toweling, and dipped away until the dye was all gone!


Looks like a Tracy Bautista Collage Unleashed class, doesn't it? I mean, without the talent or expertise!

So, I'm going out and get me some Easter egg dye on clearance.
My dog would look really good like this...





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the paper towels look great.
the minute I saw them in the tag
photo I knew you couldn't throw them away!

Anonymous said...

I see a quilt, a quilt of paper towels. Or, maybe toilet paper... That would really make someone's house look just smashing!

michelle ward said...

ooooh! lovin' those colors! i have a stash of dye pellets from last year...and will get more again this year on clearance. when i ran out of tags i just started dyeing plain white string. who knew that could be so much fun?