
Oh, it's a glorious morning of California Hillside Fire Ash, and sore feet. I don't have the best feet, anyway, but after yesterday's dinner party, I realize I over-did it. How can one person walk 35,000 times from the living room to the kitchen? On hardwood floors, with no shoes on? And I'm not talking, a mansion, here! I'm talking a small cottage, and no babies. There's no reason at all to walk around on hardwood that much. Get a cart. Put a bus box on it, and throw all the crap in there at the end of the day and wheel it out.
Anyway, I'm going to take a dip in the pool to sooth my plannar regions. I'll be out there long enough for the ash from our latest brushfire to completely obfuscate respiration, and then I'll come back in.
The reason I'm here is that I was so wrong about what I said in my previous post. About the fact that recent movies about the middle class are tedious, and complex men don't really exist and are just a white girl's wet dream. And my one reader (see comment, previous post) did clear that up for me, but his sentiments were echoed by the attendees at our dinner party last night. Our attendees made clear to me that movies like Superbad, Knocked Up, and Forgetting Sarah Marshall are touching, relate-able stories much needed in today's society. Plus, Chris, don't be so serious about it. It's just a movie that you've paid $10. to see with accompanying $20 worth of popcorn.
I take it all back, okay? Just because I can't relate to stale, re-hashed stories about the same characters we keep seeing, living the same traditional, monotonous, monogamous, nuclear-family, biological parent-type lifestyles where all dreams come true, that doesn't mean everyone else isn't rushing out to relate to Baby Mama, the current cookie from the same old cutter.
I'm sorry, okay?!
In other news, my sweetest, precious angel Scout is awake now, so I have to snuggle.
2 comments:
Ahh, screw the gracious retraction, you were actually right, you know. And those movies DO suck, unless you're one of those people who like white-bread sandwiches but decline mayonnaise as "a little too spicy."
Manfully yours, with, um, a thought of a puppy or something,
YAS
I don't mind if you trash a movie once you've seen it but I do mind you trashing a movie YOU HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN YET. They might not all be art but they can be funny and actually have something to say too.
It's a good thing you make such great tags otherwise I might just have to punish you. You're going to Hawaii!!!!!!!
Post a Comment