Well, I would refer you to Craftstylish, where I finally entered their Flower Power Challenge, but when I go over there I can't find it. I can find the Challenge, but I can't find my entry. So, to be sure my flower is somewhere, I'll post it here. My pastel posie.

It was much more difficult weaving this thing together than I'd anticipated. This was the third pattern, and even so, it was strenuous. At one point, when every petal had been 'threaded' through the base, I had to stabilize the back of the thing, where the pointy ends are. Scout didn't seem to mind my using her for extra leverage, but I do have a few small teeth marks on my ankle. At least the skin's not broken this time.
Here's another project I completed. My oldest bro, Ron (photo on right side bar), is having a birthday Saturday, so I fashioned up a keepsake box for him. I threw in some vintage postcards of Kansas City, but neglected to scan them. They were groovy.


The bottle cap holds a photo of our mom, but the glaze had not dried completely when I took this, so it's still cloudy. I think he will really enjoy this, and I hope he feels like he can put other photos and memorabilia in it, but he's kind of a purist and often won't 'muddy' things up by actually using them. Which is kind of nice, really, that someone cares so much for his things.
The third project? Yet another attempt to get right a blog anniversary prize. I won't show that one, because it would just elicit tolerant pats on the pate, and I already have a hangover.
Next Up: Chris discovers it's always better to dissove the bloody mary mix IN the vodka, rather than using it dry, as a chaser.
3 comments:
Hi there Chris! Just a quick note to let you know I've blogged the great Artful Blogging mag you've send me.. thnx again for that! xoxo
That is a really cool keepsake box, I hope your bro appreciates it. And I want that purse thingy digibudi sent you, it's so kewt!
ba ha ha... Good thing you had a few white russians, because those pipe cleaner flowers are scary, grrl.
Post a Comment