
Hi, there. It's me.
I will be busy this weekend.
No, really! Odd, but true.
You know how I usually spend the weekend sitting in front of 47 successive episodes of Project Runway repeats, eating Eskimo pies, clipping my fingernails in the house, and finding out if my dog can eat peanut butter this time without spraining her tongue again? Even busier than that!!
So, I won't be able to show you any more fabulous things, like fun foam charms and pipe cleaner wristlets, until next week. I'm going to a workshop. No, it's not a manners workshop. If you'd like to know what workshop I'm going to, here's the link.
Yeah, well, I'd be jealous, too.
I've never been in an art workshop with this sheer ton-age of time, but I've heard from several people who make a habit of it that there are segments to the workshop-going public, such as: small groups of friends who attend the same workshop and stick together and giggle a lot, people who go to workshops alone to find another loner and sidle up to her and start blathering about personal things like money issues and diseases, while the other loner is just trying to get through the class without murdering yet again.
Having heard about these phenomena, I've tried to figure out for which of these I qualify. Am I the group of people who sticks together for security, giggling a lot and knowing that everyone else wishes she was me? Am I the loner who is starved to discuss marital problems in excruciating detail with total strangers? Or, am I the loner who was at one point relishing the idea of taking a long dip in the island of artistic expression, guided by a wise and supportive mentor willing to share with me her vast experience, along with her private phone number?
I thought and thought, but I couldn't decide which one I am.
Well, I'm sure Anonymous K will let me know. And I look forward to that.
In other news, I want to inform you again of a series, The Pulse, being offered by Seth over at his place, The Altered Page. He's asked a few million artists a few pointed questions, and they've actually answered them. And I'm one of those artists! So you know there's at least SOME lying and misrepresentation there. Go look! You're several blog-posts late, but happily, you can scroll back and back and back in time to find the first of the series, and then just immerse yourself in creative thought!

And, don't be afraid to post a comment here if you haven't done so. You will be entered in my blog-birthday drawing to win fabulous prizes, or at least something you don't have yet, or something that you have never seen before, or maybe something you don't even want.

In which case, I will have done my job.
Next up: Chris gets thrown out of a workshop for asking the other students which type of annoying person they are.
6 comments:
OK, the only time I went to a workshop with you we had to make Halloween decorations out of popsicle sticks and pipe cleaners with a bunch of strange mother-daughter combos, and I kept mumbling swears and watching the clock -- but YOU were the hit of the room, offering funny commentary and clever ideas. By the end of class, half the moms wanted to adopt you and the teacher wanted to hire you as an assistant. So I wouldn't worry about your weekend -- you'll probably end up with three marriage proposals and a book deal.
i predict that halfway through the workshop you will end up at the helm of the ship guiding all of the other frightened participants out to sea. without life preservers.
Anonymous K said...
you will be the loner who talks out
loud, swears, laughs at her own witty banter, keeps asking questions and hits on the instructor and the mother-daughter combos and tries to make everyone buy one of your pipe cleaner cuffs.
First of all, about Project Runway, can Suede stop talking about himself in the third person? He's a dork. And Terri is just such a mean beeyotch, I can't believe how cruel she was to Keith.
Secondly, ever since you vetted about your inner art critic, your writing and art has a new verve, baby! You go girl.
Hey Chris, nice to meet a fellow pulser. I adore your dogs;s blog, he is a very witty canine. And us people are just like dogs when together, some sniff butts, some yap constantly and some just wanna lie in the sun.
Really cool images in this post Chris. Thanks too for linking back to The Pulse!!
Post a Comment