How many posts can I write in one day?! Huh?!
I'm only one woman!
(Well, certain people would say I'm two or three, but I don't think they mean it as a compliment.)
When I found out that my partner was going to take a helicopter ride with Kauai Search and Rescue Helicopters, and the helicopter was not going to have doors on it, I said, are you INSANE?!
This, coming from a woman who can't stand on a tall chair without starting to whimper.
This, coming from someone who, during the bumpy take-off from Maui last year, started screaming in the plane about the turbulance, DAMMIT, THAT'S ENOUGH!! and had to be talked down by one of the stewards.


So, believe me when I tell you that these photos just absolutely blew me away! These are scenes I will never see first-hand. But knowing that they were taken minutes previously and that they depict many scenes which cannot be viewed on Kauai in any other way than by helicopter, just took my breath away when we viewed them on the large flat screen.

Please forgive the fact that I don't know exactly where each of these photos was taken, although the views of Waimea Canyon make themselves known fairly obviously.





How many of you have taken an open-door helicopter tour? Several people have already told me yes and others have told me no. I'm fairly certain I'll never do that. But these views are Gorgeous!!



15 comments:
Breathtaking images Chris.
OHMYGOD!! these are just gorgeous! Waimea Canyon is so beautiful from the ground but these are awesome.
Hey, you would not catch me in an open door helicopter either.
Keep these gorgeous memories coming.
I LOVE helicopters! Won't set foot on a plane but love helicopters! We used to do a lot of construction progress photography in LA and would rent choppers in Long Beach and fly all over the LA basin - without doors! Only way to get the photos, Chris!
Loved the aerial shots of Hawaii - especially Waimea Canyon. In fact we have enjoyed all the photos you have been posting from the BIG trip! The sky photos are spectacular!
Oh my gosh Pam! These are absolutely incredible prhotographs. I played with one of them on the Digital Phot Professional to sharpen it and I was blown away! Beautiful all over. I am glad you went.
i've never been on a helicopter or to hawaii!
lucky ducks!
I'd do it for the photo's ... but would likely be holding my breath the entire time and white nuckled by the end. :)
the view would be worth the effort ... and the photo's ... wow!
Fantastic photographs! I did take a helicopter tour in Hawaii, but it was not an open-door tour. As it was, my step-mom was in the back and feeling sick. At one point, four barf bags were handed to her. I missed what she said exactly.
Holy Camoly!!! -- breathtaking!!!
xo
the chopper is very much larger than the jeep, i don't know why you said "barely"
Irony, dude!
Chris the pictures are amazing.
I wanted to thank you for writing my profile on your profile. You nailed me to a tee.
Have a wonderful Easter.
Renee xoxo
Hell, no! But I did go on a heli that had windows down to the floor, so you could see everything. But no frickin' way would I go on one without doors. We also had headphones on so it was quiet. That rocked.
I would be afraid but I would do it in a second. How often do you get a chance to do something like that?
HEAVEN on earth! Lucky you to view these lush hills in person. :)
OMG! This are stunning photos! But you'd never get me in that helicopter. I get motion sick from IMAX films. Plus I have vertigo. And even if you did get me IN the helicopter, I would have passed out the minute the blades started going.
But well done to your sweetie!!
Post a Comment