I'm Loving this class.
I'm far behind everyone else, but as I say ad nauseum, I always seem to have a lot going on. I finally decided to be nice to myself about not being early, or even 'on time', with my projects. As one of my friends has told me, art is supposed to be fun, not another reason to stress out.
But back to the class. I haven't really worked much with spray paint before this, but our first assignment was to prepare a portfolio cover for our class projects. And because it's a stenciling class, we were asked to spray paint with stencils and masks to create our covers. Because I love cardboard, I used that for my covers. And for the duct tape binding, I stenciled a design over the purple tape and it actually worked out! I wasn't sure the paint would stick to the smooth tape, but it did.

Actually, I'm learning so much about spray painting and how masks (in this case, butterfly stickers) and patterns and layers of color can work together, it's reawakening my sense of adventure.
Even the practice sheets and scrap papers look cool!
I believe I may be hooked.
Next up: Chris makes friends with fumes.

13 comments:
I'm a spray paint virgin, but that looks like great fun. Don't you get the urge to spray paint a wall or something? Or is it just me with the antisocial inclinations? *blush* x
You go girl! Fumes be damned! It's a cheap way to get high and make something pretty!
very cool ~:-)
s
wow! what a trip ... everything looks soooo good!
hmmm ... I'm thinking that I would really like spray paint. in shiny colors and metallics. :)
Wow--awesome! I love it and am so inspired.
And good for you for giving yourself time to enjoy the class at your pace.
looks like alot of fun - keep it up everything looks great.
Love it Chris! I may have to try some spay paint myself.
isn't this the most fun and such instant gratification!! I too am far behind but am blaming it on the wind and I;m sticking with that story until a better one comes along. These are really great, love the colors. I been waiting and waiting for you to post and not wanting to appear pushy (as opposed to just being pushy) I just kept thinking you put your pictures in that same safe place with the yellow roses! smooches
friends with fumes indeed! well done!
Hey these are great. Now you need to try spray painting on the seaweed wrap so we can have cool sushi.
Anonymous K
... and in her enthusiasm, Chris had completely covered her dog in gilded macaroni before she realized the phrase is "spay and neuter" your pets, not "spray and noodle" them.
Scout, on the other hand, is bearing up admirably and professes an eagerness to be part of this year's Christmas tableau.
woo! i love these chris! i think you're a natural!! it looks and feels all fresh... and happy... xo
spray and noodle..
so funny. I am signed in too and I bet further behind than YOU!
Loving it though..and yeah, dog may have some graffiti on him soon.
Post a Comment