April 20, 2009

Control Issues

Hey, my Prism Trail! peeps! Whatup?

I've been away from the 'puter for awhile. I been working on my homework for this incredible class, the signups for which are open until April 24th.

But today is an important day and I thought I should share with you again a story I wrote in February. It's not a 'story', as in 'fictional'. It's a 'story' as in, 'I'm going to go watch my stories,' when my mom would sit down to As the World Turns every day.

I direct your attention to this post.


The ablation is happening in about an hour, and I wish I could watch it! But I've been forbidden from watching it! I can't believe it. I mean, what am I going to do, bother people? Freak out? Start giggling uncontrollably?! Drop crumbs from my Dolly Madison Zingers onto the operating table? Who do they think they're dealing with (unless someone already alerted them)?!

!?!

You realize, don't you, that they don't provide anaesthesia for that procedure. A person could be screaming in pain and begging for mercy, and I'd never hear it, would I? Because, I'm at the office! Working for The Man!! I'm not going to be getting a call from someone's 'Procedure Room', because someone on the table doesn't have access to someone's phone!!


This has helped one of us immeasurably.

EDIT: All went well and after a couple of days things will be back to normal! Thank you so much for all your good wishes. I was able to be at the hospital for a great portion of the recovery.

8 comments:

TBM said...

Sending you good vibes, extra good karma, and all good things in general.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you are stuck at your desk instead of eating Milk Duds in an operating theater. I have a one-way, nonstop flight for some happy thoughts from NY to CA.

Anonymous said...

That sucks that you cannot be there, but, you know, you would just be sitting in that horrible waiting room....been there done that and believe me that's no fun either.

wishing you both my best.

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed for all the best outcome and a pain-free procedure (hello, this is 2009, not 1834). I went back and re-read the earlier post and can confidently answer your questions about it. The last (back cover) image says it all. See, it was the DOG who had the ablation in that family. No wonder the rest of them were all humming happily along, wholly unconcerned and at ease after their regular three-martini-and-four-Vicodin breakfast, just waiting for the inevitable thumbs-up from the vet.

In the meantime, what can I send either or both of yez?

Anonymous said...

ah best of luck today!

Lost Aussie said...

Glad all went well and you can get back to contemplating the meaning of life :-)
xox

3rdEyeMuse said...

Three cheers for the all's well!!

Anonymous said...

Well I am happy she is OK and she hasnt turned into a 1950's communist china devotee after that diabolical pamphlet.

Wonder what the hysterectomy one must be like? Someone doing star jumps in a red lycra bodysuit?