
Okay, I am taking a break from my politicization of the craft experience to bring to your attention a pleasant foray into podcast-interview-land, which is accessible through your very own browser.
Now, I realize most of you, my reader, have your AARP membership in full swing, but that doesn't mean downloading podcasts from your browser has to be a scary thing the kids do nowadays to subvert the dominant paradigm. It is a real, legitimate exercise which can fire imagination, or at least give you something to listen to other than ABBA or The Eagles. Take a break from them for a minute, would you?!
The podcast at issue is interesting for a variety of reasons, but uppermost in my mind right now is its relevance to us in this age of celeb-mania. WHAT do people do? And even, as Maria Solheim would say, WHERE do people go? HUH? For some reason, they just have to lose their effin MINDS!!
Of course, I paraphrase.
If you want to visit the background of this entertaining interview, go here and, on the photo of the dolls, click 'Watch Video'. Again, this is Not Scary, people! You know how you can see those fancy YouTube videos sometimes? Well, you can watch this video, too!
Which brings me to my ultimate point, as evidenced by the referenced video and podcast: Craft can be very dangerous. Vultures! Vultures, everywhere!
Okay, I'll be back soon. And, to ease the minds of some of my most stalwart fan, I'll offer another boycott opportunity.
Now, I realize most of you, my reader, have your AARP membership in full swing, but that doesn't mean downloading podcasts from your browser has to be a scary thing the kids do nowadays to subvert the dominant paradigm. It is a real, legitimate exercise which can fire imagination, or at least give you something to listen to other than ABBA or The Eagles. Take a break from them for a minute, would you?!
The podcast at issue is interesting for a variety of reasons, but uppermost in my mind right now is its relevance to us in this age of celeb-mania. WHAT do people do? And even, as Maria Solheim would say, WHERE do people go? HUH? For some reason, they just have to lose their effin MINDS!!
Of course, I paraphrase.
If you want to visit the background of this entertaining interview, go here and, on the photo of the dolls, click 'Watch Video'. Again, this is Not Scary, people! You know how you can see those fancy YouTube videos sometimes? Well, you can watch this video, too!
Which brings me to my ultimate point, as evidenced by the referenced video and podcast: Craft can be very dangerous. Vultures! Vultures, everywhere!
Okay, I'll be back soon. And, to ease the minds of some of my most stalwart fan, I'll offer another boycott opportunity.
I can't share photos right now because, my automobile-air-filter wall clock and discarded-Barbie-clothes lampshade are not quite ready to be photographed, yet.
1 comment:
Now that's a doll!
Hoping to inspire dollmaking this year by hosting a doll form swap. Interested? I haven't yet figured out the details but if there is enough interest I'll def. give it a try.
~Monica
Post a Comment