I've fallen in love with McDonald's caramel iced coffee.
I'm a sell-out, okay?
In other news, in the effort I'm making not to support China, even to the extent of saying the name as little as possible, I checked labels during my several shopping forays this weekend. Do you know that at one of my favorite places ever, Target, in my estimate, at least 60% of everything they have has that country as place of origin? And forget the dollar bins. Can't go there any more. You know how I love those things.
Can't get stickers in the scrapbooking aisle. Can't get canvas bags there. Can't get pretty journals, ringed binders, metal flower pots. Can't get most teeshirts. Can't get jewelry, can't get plates or bowls. Couldn't get pet toys or accessories. In fact most toys are a hopeless case. And I didn't go to the electronics section. I didn't have the strength.
Went to Borders to pass time (because, as you, my regular reader, know, I don't shop Borders) before a movie. Can't get the Paperchase journals, can't get the Monsterz plushies, can't get the bags the cards the mugs the boxes the doo-dads. Can't get any of it. Left. Went to the movie. Asked the clerk where they get the bags they put the popcorn in. He just blinked at me. I took that to mean he didn't want to admit the truth.
I'm beginning to despair. And not in a good way.
When I got home I checked the label on my craft paints. That's fine. I can replenish that. I checked out some of the ink pads. I can buy those again. Some of the pretty papers I have can be replenished, but many of them will be the last that I have. So far, I can buy new fibers when these run out. I'm not even going to look at the birdhouses, the journals, the boxes, the canvas or the spray paints. I have to save some of my despair for another day.
No wonder that repressive totalitarian regime is getting stronger while we get weaker. And some of it is my doing.
Should I look at my iPod materials?
Don't ask me! Don't ask me to look there.
4 comments:
Oh dang, now I have to start turning everything over to see where it's from. So far I've been just ASSUMING that everything I buy is from either the USA or maybe Happy Pixie Land, but after your Target adventure I can see that things are worse than I thought. Trouble is, you know what happens when you pick things up? YOU SEE THE EMPTY SPOTS IN THE DUST WHERE THEY CAME FROM. So, I'm not going to check anything I already own, just stuff I'm thinking about buying. Some aspects of reality are just not on my itinerary.
holy fuck nuts.
i just went and saw that the cream and butter needed to make the cake is made from CHINESE cows
guess where the brown sugar's from
CHINA!
whew.......oh yeah. it's YOU that's boycotting China, not me. Caramel Cake here we come!
See how much money you are saving? What is even scarier is looking FOR things made in the USA...only about 15% of the goods I see are US made...especially clothing! And we wonder why the US economy is suffering? BRing the jobs back home and things will improve! Whos idea what it to off shore jobs in the first place? Maybe we should rewind back to that presidency and not vote him in?
Yes! We know who's responsible for NAFTA and now all we need to do is vote for the person MOST likely to get rid of it. That's one of the three options we have, so let's vote for that person now.
Post a Comment