September 7, 2008

The Healing Power of Scary Art!



Oh, aren't blog readers wonderful? You have given me so much support and encouragement after my pouty episode (I call it the pouty doubties). Thank you! It was really important and helpful. I felt embarrassed, and then very thankful.

But enough about you.

I have been working on some pieces that I can't show because of ruining someone's surprise, but I do have a couple of items to post.




First, I must give credit where it's due, because the first issue of Somerset Workshop carried a tutorial written by Diana Twedt based on her lovely foamboard doll creations. And I did what all creative geniuses do...

... I USED HER IDEA!! And made two Halloween-themed totems. Because, as you probably know, Halloween is my favorite holiday. After Impossibly Wrapped Packaging Day, of course.

Here's Vampira. She has hair issues, but I have no idea how to sort them out, short of using doll hair and I don't want to. Instead, I used some of the black tissue out of which she is clothed, and tore it into littls strips and gelled it onto her. She complained the whole time, of course.

So, she is what she is, which is clearly a bit too full of herself. Or of somebody.




And here's Spiderwoman. She's crawling with good cheer.



Now I'm back to making charms, again!
It's becoming an addiction.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These came out great!

Can you do one of Sarah Palin, too? That would be really scary.

Carrie said...

Cool! I love Spiderwoman.