
Last night, after packaging my charms, I decided the next project will be a series of painted and collage canvases. But that will involve a lot of preparation, as well as finding someone to do the painting, and it was already almost time to watch 90210 on the DVR, so I needed something that was right at hand.
I had a package of chenille stems we'd picked up from the Dollar Store, and even though they were in a collection of Easter-y, pastel colors, I was drawn to doing some weaving with them. I learned all about chenille stem weaving from Diane Gilleland over at Craftypod. Specifically, after listening to this podcast of hers, I made some mini-composition book covers, like this one:

and I was able to do such a good job, I immediately gave them away.

and I was able to do such a good job, I immediately gave them away.
So, last night, as I was looking at the pastel chenille stems (aka: pipecleaners, only softer than usual), I said to myself, "Sybil? Wouldn't those make a great woven wrist cuff?" And sure enough, they did!


These are photos from a camera phone, so they don't do the bracelet justice. Plus, it's the first bracelet, crafted of a rubber band covered with ribbon, and fabri-tacked lining. But I'm wearing it right now! And it's very comfy! It's so comfy on my wrist my hand fell asleep twice already!
Next up: Chris has a difficult time getting through Security.
5 comments:
I realize that a low mind is its own reward, but you provide me with just too many treasures for it to be entirely accidental (or, maybe I've read too many Victorian novels, who can say?). Today's entry begins with the delightful line "Last night, after packaging my charms" and immediately I realize that you began the evening by putting on something slinky. Way to go! Then imagine my surprise when you went on to weave pipe cleaners in that get-up.
Chris--I think you might need to start posting "yet another steve"
directly on your blog. Between his and Jeanette's responses to your adventures I can always count on something to lift me from my menopausal depression.
Anonymous K
i love yet another steve almost as much as you.
sybil i mean it.
and make me a pipe cleaner wrist band. it will look way better than the current terminatior black velcro style i wear to bed for carpal tunnel.
hi - thanks for the comment on my blog. nice to find you and your arty blog :o)
You're brilliant! I love that you thought of making the bracelet and just DID it!
And I use my little chenille covered notebook every day. :)
Post a Comment