YAY !
It got better very quickly this time. Isn't that nice?
Because I forgot to post a couple of pictures I took the first day of the Traci Bunkers workshop, I'm here with an update. Here are two of Carol Parks's birdcages. The one outdoors is empty of birds, of course, but big and wooden and lovely.

Below is a picture of the red birdcage on the indoor work table. The finches in this cage are raising babies. Carol has more finches in a big cage in the kitchen. They sound really sweet and very soothing with their tiny voices peeping up as we walk by or talk loudly. Their presence really enhanced my experience. I love birds. Also in this picture, you can see Traci's self-portrait collage on stretch canvas, resting on the windowsill.

Now for a few birthday gifts. Here's a gift compiled and packaged by one of my most loyal readers, and a popular commentor, Yet Another Steve. I look forward to enjoying this while I'm having coffee and setting up my studio this weekend. I have no idea how he did this, and I don't want to spoil the mystery by learning how. I will just enjoy...


Here is a gift knitted for me by my good friend Melinda. A double-sided-cable scarf, in pumpkin. It is so soft and the color is so rich. I'm very happy to have such a warm and beautiful gift that I know she took great care to make.

Now, look at these blurry photos:

My good friend Cris sent this book to me from her new home in Maui. It's so cool! Next are pictures of the inside, and seriously, I can't WAIT to use it! I'm trying to make a habit of keeping lists for my art projects, and this book is the perfect size for that, and very inviting.


I'm sorry the photos are not better. I'm not the photographer many of my favorite bloggers are, and I'm not quite sure why my photos often don't look sharper, brighter, enlarge when clicked on, speak when spoken to, or make great fries. All I know is, I like to keep a record, even if it's not perfect.
Lastly, here is my favorite present:
EDIT: This is not a new present! I've had these two for years!!
(and they're still asleep)

I wish you all a Happy Weekend of artiness! Or, of whatever you like doing.
Next Up: Chris becomes so exhausted by taking a sharp, well-lighted photo that she has to lie down for a few more days.
4 comments:
cute picture of the wife and Scout!
glad the back healed so quickly.
now you will be able to make me all the goodies I demand.
Anonymous K
Chris,
Imperfection, in photos, in life, has richness. Leonard Cohen has a song with a line, "...there's a crack, a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in." Happy Birthday (a family of many Virgos here.) Thank you for the comment you left. It's never too late to do it differently than we did it yesterday.
What a great bunch of gifts!! Happy birthday (and glad you are feeling better)!
You got a puppy for your birthday??? because I am not going to be able to top that.
Post a Comment