May 13, 2009

A Card In the Post? For ME?

I just found out that Dabbled is having a giveaway. And the best thing about it is... the giftie is postcards!

I LOVE postcards! Invariably, the first thing I look for in an artist's shop is whether there are postcards there. Postcards are not only friendly and functional, but you can function them in so many ways. I have sent them alone, I've punched a hole in one and used it as a tag, I've altered them, put fabric on them, and used them as big mosaic pieces over a large area.

One time I considered sleeping with one, but it wasn't in my typeface.

If you heart postcards, check out the giveaway here. I mean, I'm going to win, but you might as well check it out.


Next Up: Between the time Chris mails herself the postcard, and the time she gets it, she forgets she sent it, so it's a lovely surprise!

10 comments:

Kitty said...

I love postcards too ... but I'm on a giveaway diet after having won rather too many. I need to hold some myself to redress the balance!

Love that bloom in your header - how fantastic.

x

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, I wasn't able to find a email address so am replying here, The images that you where looking at over at Three dogs.... are 5x5 at 300 dpi. and I have to thank the good people at deviant art for the images that I used on the red staircase, both the stair case and the lady are in the resources section of the site, it is a great background, isn't it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog! I shall check out the postcard giveaway even though you're going to win!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a beautiful message for me.
I loved reading what you do with postcards and never realized how versatile they are.

Nikki Lee Anne Ghilain said...

Chris.....my husband collects vintage poscards from South Padre...he would leave me if I touched them:) OH.... how I will miss him! And yes,Michelle is such a sweetie and my skin thanks her!

Seth said...

Thanks for the heads up! I am in! And can I say that I just got the best word verification that I have ever seen...visionst!

3rdEyeMuse said...

I actually collect them ... but only have a small stack at a time as I do actually get around to using them ... would you believe that our wedding invitations were postcards we had collected (before even knowing each other) ... true story. :)

Anonymous said...

I will have you know that when I went on my cross country trip 7 years ago, I wrote and mailed myself postcards from all major stops along the way.

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Thanks for the heads-up, Chris! Love postcards...who doesn't! Thanks for visiting my blog and also for signing on as a follower. I've been reading your posts and enjoy both your creativity and your sense of humor! Fun!

Anonymous said...

aha!

Then better send me your addy so I can send you some..