
I just ordered this magazine about artists who blog. It's the second issue, so not to be outdone, I ordered the first one, too. I'm glad there isn't a third one, because I need to make February mortgage.
Oh, I kid Stampington. They know I love their heftily-priced publications. Since becoming an artist a year ago, I've loved them so much they were able to put on another full-time staff member.
But I digress. I had seen the first issue of this series at Barnes and Noble when it first came out and thought it was cool. I don't know whose brainchild this series is, but she/he is wonderful people. I say this because eventually, it might get to them and they'll put me in an issue. Oh, I kid again. They know I can't handle the attention. One time the alarm went off when I went through the metal detector at the airport, and I fainted.
But, really! This is a marvelous series. Do you know how many fabulous blogs there are, and how many of them are by fabulous artists who, incidentally, also know how to write and to share their gifts?
Well, DO YOU?
You in the back: stop chewing so loudly. People can't hear the question!
There are at LEAST enough artful bloggers to fill a third issue, that's all I'm saying. I love this. I love this so much I hardly have enough energy left over to write about it. I love it because this precious world is under so much push and pull, so much political and economic struggle, so much tragedy and regret, that we need these artists! We need people who exercise the opposite of violence and division. Who have a passion to bring something new into the world that is beautiful, original, inspirational, and doesn't make your hair come back in darker and coarser.
If you, like I, are a fan of the artist, an interesting site to check out is The Altered Page. Seth has asked artists 7 questions and is reporting their answers to us on his blog. These are the luminaries of the crafty community, people working their passion often outside the corporate structure, often without monetary return, often in obscurity except among other artists, but who have great things to say and who want to listen and learn, too. Even if you aren't an artist, a glimpse into their world can expand your vision.
Of course, I'm mostly in it to get laid.
Up next: A list of artists who have blocked Chris's emails.
4 comments:
I ordered it too...the second one, not the first. I had to order the new Digital magazine coming out in March too. I'm ready to sell some organs for some more magazines!! Come on mail man...where are you?
Honey bunches of oats,
I hope you don't mind but I've been passing out your blogurl so that others can have a chuckle or two as I do when reading your art.
I get to live it vicariously through you, because you know what they say... If you can't stand the glitter, stay out of the glue!
MBW
i'm waiting for my copy to arrive. can't wait. loved issue no. 1!
oh great, now you're tipping me over the edge and I'll just HAVE to subscribe. I borrowed the first issue from a friend and love it so much I spilled water on it so I don't have to give it back to my friend! No, no, it was an accident. Really.
Post a Comment