January 27, 2008

Not Russian Ya !

My commitment to blog every day for a week has been glitched by the fact that my art didn't go well today. I really want to work again with the lovely faux-mulberry cardstock I used with my inchies project. And I did. But they didn't come out the way I'd intended. I'll give you evidence of this horrific happening later in the week, but for now, I have to show you something.

A friend of mine who lives in Minnesota sent to me some photos. It's one of those emails that gets forwarded around, but this one was chock full of such beauty I have to share it here. Apparently, in Russia, when it's bone-chillingly cold outside, they create sculptures of ice which are so awesome they warm the cockles of your heart. And my cockles aren't easy, I'll tell you.

But back to what I was talking about.

Here are some pictures of a city carved of ice.





























Next: Chris thaws out and runs downhill.

2 comments:

Diane Gilleland said...

Wow . . . I would love to see that place in person.

From the comfort of a heated car, though. :-)

michelle ward said...

spectacular!!! thanks for the view from here.