January 26, 2008

Yeah, But Where's the Restroom?

For the art group, there's a rolodex card swap every month. Six cards out, six in. This month, the theme was 'All About Me'. Well, you know I'm All About That.

I decided, instead of putting pictures of myself, or stories about my mom, or a copy of my latest grocery list (which is just embarrassing), I'd make a map of myself. You know, one of those maps that 'represents' something. I can't remember what they're called. Representational maps? BS maps? I'm not sure.

Anyway, so I separated my life into sections and sized the sections according to level of activity. Every card is hand-painted. And on the back (because rolodex cards should be altered on the back, as you all know), I put a famous quote and a picture of some girlie who can only aspire to be Me.

But, none of that matters, because the art speaks for itself. So, ignore all the stuff I just said.
































Next: Chris makes Representational Voodoo Dolls.

4 comments:

Emily Tellez said...

OKAY, this "me" map is just TOO amazing! I love it!

Anonymous said...

oooh, I think you forgot a place or two in your map... but then maybe the places I'm thinking of are in (y)our dreams.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

You are hysterical! Love your blog.....I will be back....

Carrie said...

Is that Liz Taylor as Maggie the Cat? I love it. I think your map is very creative. But I still want to see your grocery receipt.