January 8, 2008

Open Your Mailart

I've been listening to the latest Craftypod podcast. It's an interview with an artist who created a piece of mailart every day of 2007. She made an envelope into a work of art, and mailed it to herself. Every day!

I once watched three Martha Stewart Shows in one day and was so exhausted I had to lie down.

The artist's blog is here.

THINK of what we could achieve if we made a point of creating one thing every single day. Just the exercise of coming up with something new to create every day of 2008 would necessarily open up our minds and our hearts to being alive. I love this idea!

Of course, it's already January 8, so I don't have to face the issue. But it's exciting, that's my point.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is art! And it looks like you may have only missed two out of 8 days so far. All you have to do is post before midnight tonite, and you'll have only missed 2 out of 9.

Bottoms up!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking to The Diary Project, I'm glad you enjoyed hearing about it on the Craftypod interview.