January 18, 2008

Press Card

Three posts in one day! Call the cops!

I'm making my first art journal. Jealous you. And I decided to make it with playing cards. YES! It was MY IDEA! No one else ever thought of it!















First, I glued the cards together with E6000, the adhesive that single-handedly keeps the City of Hope Cancer Center in business.

Then, I covered it:














Now, I'm painting every inner surface of it with gesso and white paint.

Then, I'm going for a check-up.

3 comments:

e.beck.artist said...

i love e6000 and am certain it is the reason for that extra thumb i seem to be growing .....
how did you use it to glue the cards together?

Carrie said...

this is cute! but you really need intervention on the e6000, i think it's affecting your brain. don't make me send you a glue gun! i mean, come on, fasting? are you nuts? i do that all the time cuz i never have time to eat w/ a baby, and i can assure you i have no energy. of course, maybe it's different when you're breastfeeding, which is akin to having a vampire feast on you each day...even if she is a cute vampire. :)

Chris said...

I bet she's cute, for a vampire without teeth!