Painting your spaghetti.
It's out now. You can't take it back.
I heard a marvelous podcast from The Craftypod, about crafting with pasta. Remember those elbow macaroni paintings from the 70's?
No?
Hmmm. Maybe it was just a sweet fantasy of mine.
Well, to make a short story long, it was time to make ATCs for the monthly ATC swap for my art group. And I thought, what would be more topical than Valentine's hearts made out of spaghetti? So I did it. I'm not going to say it wasn't a challenge, because few things are as cantankerous as pasta. It won't just stay in a heart shape. You have to form the heart, and then yell and curse at it for a half hour, then put a toothpick against it so that it can't roll away.

When it's dry, you paint it. It doesn't want to be painted, but you paint it over and over again until it's too exhausted to fight any more. Then you glue it to a card and glaze it.

Next up: Chris 'adopts' a fusilli dog.
1 comment:
Wow you really beat that pasta into sumission. I anxiously await my Valentine's Day card in the mail. Right?
Love Kerry
Post a Comment