December 7, 2008

Mailstorm


Actual photograph of my grandmother actually baking in our actual family home, next door to our actual second home, where we are actually decorating for the holidays. And there's Zip the Wonder Dog, actually guarding everything.


Well, I considered not posting about what happened yesterday, because I didn't want to make you all jealous again. I know I've been posting a lot about all the mail I keep getting, but I can't help it. I must share.

Look at this!


These are ornaments I got from the magical yule swap, hosted by Laume. You may remember my little Snow Queen theatre. Here's the final of that, after your kind suggestions on how to add a bit of pizazz to the front of it (this is a night photo, before packaging for the mail).


Yesterday I received the sparkley ornaments from Laume's mother Barbara. Can you imagine the patience it takes to sparkle something up like this?! I mean, on a scale of 1 to 10, this goes to 11.

And, I have been waiting since January for this.


This is the annual Christmas Zine from Craftypod, authored by Diane and Katin. I won't ruin the surprises packed into this issue, but if you've gotten one of their zines before you don't need me to tell you it's filled with incredible variety and festivity, along with good writing, information, tutorials, tradition, humor, and I'm pretty sure there were some rubies and emeralds inside. Look how cool the front is, with that star cut-out and the image peeking through? How can they maintain this kind of excellence without prescription medications?!

And stay tuned for an update on the cookies I'm receiving from the cookie swap. They're still coming in!

Today will be jam-packed full of creativity, and if it's safe to reveal, I'll put some photos of my work on here.

Have a lovely Sunday!


Next Up: Chris finds out Grandma's pancakes ain't quite as fresh this year.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Actually! LoL ...you're so funny

I really like the snow queen...thats kinda how I feel right now in Chicago...Brrrrrr

: ) Hope you're having a good weekend.

Lisa D.

Diane Gilleland said...

. . . Actually, there may have been some meds. :-)

Thanks for the shout-out! I'm so glad you liked the zine. It's our favorite project all year.

Loved the photo of your two family homes, too. Man, that dog stands as still as one of the Buckingham Palace guards!

3rdEyeMuse said...

you are so good at amping up my mood - what a treat! love how your theatre turned out & those ornies - OH MY! yes, some serious patience there. :)

... I have a cookie swap coming up this Sunday and I'm so not prepared for it ... nothing like waiting till the last minute.

Leslie said...

You are too funny. I actually laughed out loud.

Actually.

Seth said...

What great treasures. And your theatre is really fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Grandma just needs a new bra. That'll get them pancakes fluffed back up.

Anonymous said...

Okay, send the ornaments and the snow queen theatre in the mail to me now and no one get's hurt. I'll take cookies too.

Anonymous K

Mrs Pretzel said...

Thanks so much for the birthday tweets and blog wishes!! I had a very good birthday, thanks!!

Anonymous said...

YOu are having tooooo much fun!

thanks for sharing all the wonder...

TBM said...

LOVE you Snow Queen Finale!! And the sparkly ornaments, of course.

I've been getting a lot of packages in the mail as well! Of course they are gifts I've ordered for others. But still...

Can't wait to hear about the cookie swap!

Carrie said...

My God, every damn light in the house is on! Don't you kids know electricity doesn't grow on trees?! Somebody has to pay for your laziness! Jesus!

Carrie said...

Oh thank god you put that up about Craftypod's xmas issue, i rushed over there and bought one before they sold out. Meanwhile, I think Lily is playing with the diaper pail. Hey, I have my priorities...