So I really want to know: How are YOU doing? How are things on your side of life? I mean, the side where you have your own issues and opinions and perspectives and activities?
But, enough about you.
The full moon we had was the closest and biggest one this year. I went out and tried to capture it, but isn't that really kind of silly? I mean, after actually SEEING it in real LIFE, this is just silly.

So, I'm going to have to paint it. And I think that's what God intended. The moon is actually what you'd call a draft.
In other news, I'm well on my way to getting things done. I'm going to show one photo of one thing, and I don't want you to tell anyone.

I'm not kidding! For once, keep it to yourself!
Today I was listening to my iPod while walking my precious angel vicious princess Scout (she insists I call her this), and the commentator I was listening to said something like this: I suppose Janet Napolitano is a good choice to head Homeland Security because she has no partner and no children.
What?!
I would have laffed, but the Trader Joe's chocolate peppermint covered Joe-Joe would have fallen out of my mouth right there at the park. Yeah. I guess if you have no partner and no children you're just a shriveled up, lonely old loser who has nothing at all to do and no friends or family, and really, if you get blown up tomorrow in a coup, who will miss you?!
I couldn't believe what I was hearing, but I loved it that his wife, who was on the panel with him, said, Oh that is just wrong on so many levels! She listed all the reasons but I won't bore you with them because you are very smart people and also fabulous fun at parties.
I'm off to do something only people without children do... I'm going to get out my colors and papers and make pretty pictures!
GOODIE!!
Next up: Chris writes to Santa about this! And this!
5 comments:
Love the new banner! And honestly, this moon shot looks like my first 20 or 30. Great attempt, keep at it. We had clouds last night so I had to wait until this morning to try again and it's lots easier when there is some light, just not as magical. smooches
I went outside last night...against my wishes.. lol The moon..I know it was supposed to be thebiggest..but it didn't look fancy to me at all. I mean the moon is beautiful...but last night didn't seem any different than any other day. I didn't process my shots. Bah...
Hey- that's a pretty good looking painting you are writing santa about!
Ooh! I just treated myself to that Zine - it's the first one I have ever purchased & I simply loved it. I do hope Santa brings one your way (and the little collage, too).
I'm so glad the mans wife was the one to call him on his comment ... so appropriate ... on so many levels. :)
"I'm jealous that Judy and Ro read your blog and comment. THAT's how evolved I am!"
Well ha ha ha missy, here I am reading your blog and commenting too. You are sooooo funny. :-D
ps No moon shot here but cloudy skies, frozen ground and lots of snow. xo
I'm a push-over for the moon, and it was gorgeous in my neck of the woods. Alas, I couldn't capture it (unlike you), because my camera is not up to speed.
The Janet Napolitano comment struck a nerve, too. Sixteen years ago, when I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer, one of the doctors implied that my life wasn't as valuable as a woman who had a husband and/or children. As it turned out, a lot of people would have missed me. Especially the wonderful man that I married and outlived.
Chris, you always have something interesting to say. :)
Post a Comment