
Look at these! Trader Joe's chocolate souffles, baby! Ramekins included!
(Because, for some reason, they don't want you to just pour the batter onto the oven rack.) Our friend Grady made these for us and I can't wait to get my own kit!
Well, I said I'd show a bit of what I've been working on, and here it is...all-occasion tags and little painted and embossed boxes to put them in.
When I got the plain boxes, I thought they were so cute, and that a little Christmas-tree scene would fit inside them perfectly. But they are so small the trees I found wouldn't fit in them. I even cut the base off the little trees and they wouldn't fit. So then I thought, what about little tags? I could cut little tags for gifting and just tuck them in there. Well, here are the tags in their finished state (excuse the night-time photo):

HA! It's so funny, isn't it? After painting, gesso-stamping, embossing, glittering, backing, cutting, and ribboning, they still didn't fit inside the boxes because the lids wouldn't close. I FREAKED out. I said, "It's time to send these and I have to start over!!" You know how we get with the holidays and giving to people we care about, and trying to make things nice, blah blah. Pretty soon, it can back up on you.
So my partner said, are you kidding? You don't want to close them, anyway! Look how cute they are with the ribbons spilling out!

10 comments:
THEY ARE REALLY CUTE!!
Stop the press...I need ramikins anyway....those COME with them?? Some drool came out of my mouth a little bit..
I don't remember being offered a chocolate souffle last night. Did Grady bring them over at midnight?
Were you just hoarding them for yourself? They would have gone great with some peppermint scnapps.
Oh yeah you didn't have that either. You suck as a hostess but your tags are nice.
Anonymous K
I love the tags with their ribbons spilling out of those adorable boxes. So festive, so cute!
Thanks so much for stopping by our beaches. You deserve a chocolate souffle for braving the wind.
Mmm... chocolate souffle!
-- JeriAnn
We were served these a while ago, and I just now posted the photo! I was thinking about them because I think they would be great for holiday dessert!
way groovy souffles...
double way groovy tags with ribbon spillage...
and triple way groovy santa list of goodies!
You make me laugh! I think y'all are having too much fun. The tags are AWESOME, especially in the OPEN box. Lucky, lucky recipients.
I have heard so many things about Trader Joe's. Why have I never, ever seen one? Is it strictly West Coast?
I like your little tag boxes things love the colours and as for those chocolate souffles I want to scoff the lot!! Have a good christmas and hope you get lots of crafty pressies
these ribbon exploding boxes are adorable! it's like the party has already started - they can't help but bring cheer :)
Note to self: purchase trader joe's chocolate souffles and mail-order spouse. ask for copy of Chris' catalog.
ps - thanks for dropping by my blog!
... as one of those lucky recipients, they're even more wonderful in person ... so wonderful it's going to be tough actually using the tags ... oh! the dilema (and the box all on it's own is one sweet little treasure) ... I'll try to post daylight pictures soon (shooting before the new year begins). :)
Post a Comment