Well, here's what I saw when I opened the curtains this morning!!

Glorious, isn't it?
In my little town, we don't have to drive far to find festive lighting. After dinner, we drove around the four surrounding blocks and saw lots of pretty colors! You know how every year there seems to be a different trend in home decorations, one year it's all white lights, one year it's icicle lights, another year it's netting lights, then it's big lighted ornament balls that flash on and off?
Well, we didn't get any new lighting this year, but I do notice that this year there seems to be a blurry trend. Blurry lights are in like crazy!
Maybe it's because our neighbors are getting older?
Anyway, with no further ado, here's a short tour of our neighborhood:
Here's the house across from ours. They started with just the little snowman border.Then, the bushes the next night. Then, next night, the deer, but no lights on them.
Then the windows.
I was exhausted.
I think I like the last one the best.
I'm such a hippy.
Do you go out on a Christmas light tour in your area?









11 comments:
I'm still trying to figure out what's going on in your yard. Is that frost? Is that what "morning" looks like? How can you face it?
Oh, it's fun when neighborhoods get into the Christmas spirit, isn't it? There are a few lights hanging in the window of our apartment complex, including strings of little white stars on our own balcony window. During our Thanksgiving visit to Kentucky in November, we went to see a Christmas light show. I took lots of photos from the passenger seat. Blurry lights were the in thing there, too. ;p
Heeey, I just noticed that you are delighted with me today! Thank you! Well, now I have a big smile on my face this afternoon. See:
:))
I like the last shot the best too!
Yay ! I'm not the only hippy... My daughter says I'm one and honestly I don't feel offended...
In Belgium there are lights in the houses, but very less outside the houses. So no tour here.
I really like a lot of small white lights in my house in the dark winterdays, but if I'm honest I 'm not so fond of all the big lightdecoration they have in America... For me it is a bit too much... but , that's what I think about it....
I read in your comment on my blog that you would send me your magazine ?!?
I would love to have it, but don't you love to keep it yourself ?...
I was happily amazed about your proposal... I think it says a lot about who you are..:)
If you would still get rid of it after a few weeks, let me know , I send you my mailadress...
greetings and thanks
Inge
Thanks for the tour Chris. The lighting bug must be contagious world wide, we have it really bad in parts of our neighbourhood. One house even has an inflatable merry go round with santa on it, on their roof. There aren't many houses in our street and we're surrounded by bush, so there's not really anyone to put on a show for. Merry Christmas from down under.
Yes, I like the peace sign best too and...funny, our lights are blurry too :)
....last year we went out looking at lights and happening upon a magical, lit boat....sailing up and down the streets. We followed and followed, it was truly a magical deLIGHT!!
I love Christmas lights! Have a great holiday Chris!
Delightful tour...a clever idea! I LOVE the peace sign simplicity the best as well! A spot on message for this season! :)
Thank you for the lovely house light tour! Since we can't get out of our driveway, and probably won't be able to get out for several more days, these beautiful light photos are especially nourishing for smeone like me for whom Christmas lights are a big part of Christmas!
oh yeah, guess I am too - the last shot is my favorite. :) thanks for the walk through the blurry neighborhood - nice to see so much good cheer. :)
Post a Comment