November 28, 2008

Kit N Kaboodle

Yay! What a festive Thanksgiving we had! I hope all of you did, as well.

Our day started as I'm sure many of yours did, with Thanksgiving gifts! Oh, yes. Thanksgiving gifts are very important around here.

To be specific, gifts for the dog.

Scout, unwrapping.


Scout, intensely unwrapping.


Scout, examining toy make and model,
with attention to possible materials toxicity.


I think Scout loves opening the presents almost as much as she likes playing with them.


After that ruckus, it was time for making gingerbread houses. Unfortunately, my oven is on the fritz, so we bought lovely kits from Trader Joe's this year. We made sure to have on hand some additional decorative items. LOOK at how nice! The potential for fabulousness was staggering!


(I think Scout was looking forward to eating hers.)


Here are a couple of the finished houses (the ones I'm allowed to show):


Note below, the beautiful tree topper I made out of Smartees (registered trademark)!



We were able to finish the houses just in time to see this at the local cineplex:


And we all really liked it. SO much action I had to go to the concession stand again, just to catch a break.

Then, back home, to make marshmallow men, which you can find on Pam's blog. Don't they look fabulous next to my cottage?




One of us, inspired by Daniel Craig's raw physical excellence, made a James Bond marshmallow man.



I'm not sure this is what Pam had in mind, but.... it's the holidays!


Next up: Sony Pictures threatens suit if Chris doesn't remove the James Bond marshmallow man photo.

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Of fer cute! That's so sweet you gave your dog presents, aw. And I'm both impressed and envious of your other activities, making a gingerbread house and marshmallow men. They so cute! Wah, I wanna go see Bond! I don't think Lily would like it though, and we don't have a babysitter until next weekend. So I live vicariously through you.

Anonymous said...

you're so hilarious!

My dog "Ichiro" has that same hedgehog.....cute!

Kristen Robinson said...

What a fun filled day you had WOW. Love the marshmallow man very 007, I do believe I must check out these kits tres chic my friend!

Kristen

Anonymous said...

That Bond marshmallow is an uncanny likeness to the original.

Anonymous said...

I was very jealous of Scout because she got a present and I didn't.

Leau said...

You are too funny, my holiday pales in comparison! thanks for giving me a laugh this morning! smooches

TBM said...

The houses turned out beautifully!! And I can smeeeeeeeell the gingerbread. Mmmmm.

My dog Trudy loves opening presents too. We can't put anything wrapped under the tree until Christmas morning. She also helps open birthday presents whether you want her help or not. Sigh.