November 18, 2008

MORE Mail Art!!

You're right! This is unbeLIEVEable! How can one woman get so much mail in one week?

(Oh, sure, I'm a totally bitchin human being, but other than that...)

Julie, without my even begging her, has sent to me some original, Julified objets d'art. First, there was a yummy envelope awaiting me when I checked my snail mail. I grabbed that up instantly, and said to myself, hmmm.... did I join a swap I don't remember about?

Opening the envelope carefully, so I can FRAME that baby, I find this really pretty painted surface with texture, depth, some handwriting peeking through, a delicate luminscence...
...and one of Julie's photographs printed on acetate! Beautiful, mysterious-- a tree because I love trees, or maybe she didn't know about my love for trees, but so many of us love trees, and Julie clearly speaks to trees. Because, look:



I'm a very lucky woman.

Thank you, open-hearted and generous Julie, for giving me what I want.

By the way: I also love flowers...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome, Chris! I am happy you like the painting and picture....just a little payback for all of the wonderful support and kind comments you have been sending my way! Cheers!

Emily Anne Leyland said...

Tell her to send some of that my way...lol. Absolutely beautiful. I LOVE trees too.

TBM said...

Y. U. M.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

yes indeed you are a very lucky woman ;-)

the author said...

That is beautiful :)

Seth said...

Such a special gift!