November 29, 2008

Pizza Knightly


Well, I know it's my second post today, but I just had to respond to Just A Plane Ride Away's blog post about delivery pizza.

To wit: here is a pizza delivery menu for your perusal. Perhaps you've had enough turkey, stuffing, and gravy, and you're dreaming of the 'lighter side' that only

Pizza Pie

can provide?

HMMM???

Well, I know it's mainstream and corporate, but my favorite pizza is Round Table's Gourmet Veggie. So, we'll start with that one, and give a run-down of only the gourmet offerings on Round Table's delivery menu:

Gourmet Veggie: artichoke hearts, zucchini, spinach, portabellos, red and green onions, chopped garlic with creamy garlic sauce instead of tomato sauce (I always order easy sauce).

Italian Garlic Supreme: pepperoni, sausage, tomatoes, mushrooms, green onions, chopped garlic with three cheeses and creamy garlic sauce.

Guinevere's Garden Delight: tomatoes, mushrooms, green peppers, yellow onions and black olives with three cheeses and zesty red sauce.

Maui Zaui: ham, bacon, pineapple, tomatoes and green onions, with three cheeses and either the zesty red sauce or their Polynesian sauce (yum!).

Montague's All-Meat Marvel: Italian sausage, pepperoni, dry salami, linguica, with cheese and zesty red sauce.

King Arthur's Supreme: pepperoni, sausage, dry salami, linguica, mushrooms, green peppers, yellow onions, black olives and cheese with red sauce.

Smokehouse combo: pepperoni or white-meat chicken, hickory and andouille sausages, tomatoes, red and green onions, barbeque drizzle and three cheeses with red sauce.

Chicken and Garlic Gourmet: white-meat chicken, garlic, portabellas, tomatoes, red and green onions, three cheese and creamy garlic sauce.

Wombo-Combo: pepperoni, andouille and hickory sausages, bacon, portabella, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, green onions, three cheese and red sauce.


Round Table is among the most expensive pizzas, so I don't often order from them. It's slightly insulting that they charge what they charge, but boy, is it good!

Okay, now I know what I'm having for lunch...

...turkey and stuffing pizza...?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A. you're ridiculous
B. sounds like you are having a splendid weekend
C. has cathy used her xyron machine yet?
D. love your changing blog banners
E. a main character in my book is SCOUT
F. wonder if round table delivers near me for breakfast...

Chris said...

a. of course
b. absolutely!
c. yes, and loves it
d. thank you!
e. good move.
f. basically, if you pay them, they will come.

e.beck.artist said...

we are having pizza for dinner tonight .... no brainer!

Anonymous said...

After dragging my widening arse around for 7 kilometers, in an effort to get my waist back, I dont want to hear about pizza, or I may chuck a tanty!

Anonymous said...

hello chris you visited my blog on Dia de Bloglandia and i was shortly thereafter called out of town so i didn't have a chance to come by to meet you. your comments were so generous and i appreciate them. hey i ate my pizza on wednesday night! and boy oh boy it out-shined even a grand turkey dinner!
thanks chris!

TBM said...

Ok, I really, really want several large pieces of the Gourmet Veggie. Swoon!! Thanks for posting this :-)