November 16, 2008

Run For Her!


Today was the fourth annual Cedars Sinai 5K Run For Her.

Which, frankly, sounds a bit sexist.

This is our second year participating. We had another great experience, and so many more people were there this year, which was very encouraging. I really am thankful for the opportunity to participate in this and to raise money to benefit ovarian cancer research.

Sparky, the mascot of the L.A. Sparks, was there to start the walk/run and to cheer everyone on.


Sparky is so much FUN! I love him. Don't mess with me on this, because this is a deep and abiding love of mine. He's funny, friendly, photogenic, and a fabulous dancer.

There was some warm-up prior to start time.


There was eating during warm-up. Apparently, I'm not the only multi-tasker around.


There were quite a few dogs there, and many who even dressed for the occasion.






And before the start, Sparky was busy scaring children.



I think they try to get the children to run faster by doing that.


I loved seeing so many walkers with signs honoring their mothers and grandmothers and friends with signs. I know most of the signs aren't legible because I took them while I was moving. But you get the idea.











At one point, when it was fairly obvious we were not going to fall over and have to be airlifted out, they brought in local high shool cheerleaders to congratulate us for completing the event.

It was heartwarming, I tell you!


YAY!

Do you think not being able to stand up is a good reason to call in sick tomorrow?

9 comments:

TBM said...

Well done, Chris! And I like that there were some canine participants. Looks like you had lovely weather for your event.

Anonymous said...

Dear heart, for that kind of pooped, you don't call in sick, you call in VIRTUOUS. As in "I'm taking a virtuous day off, to recover."

Thanks for doing it for all the lazy rest of us!

3rdEyeMuse said...

yes, not being able to stand (especially when due to a good dead) is more than reason enough not to show up for work! thanks for sharing the pics. I hope tons of $'s were raised. :)

Anonymous said...

And you get a cute bue t shirt... will scout be wearing it?

Lorraine said...

Hey good for you and what great photos..hope your legs are not too sore..a good hot bath is good and a little whiskey or two! to warm your bones

Anonymous said...

Hooray to YOU for doing this! This is so awesome and you should feel so proud of yourself.

Leslie said...

Good for you, Chris! Thanks for sharing your pictures and for doing this.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you LIKE that giant stuffed mascot. I don't care if he belongs to your favorite team, he's going to kill you in the middle of the night, if the giant Goofy doesn't get you first.

Seth said...

Good job for a great cause.