
Hi.
I'm working on surfaces with clear gesso, which, as you know, is my new imaginary friend.
At the same time, I started composing a blog post in my mind, as preparation for my upcoming Weeks of Arting Dangerously, wherein I complete approximately 7,057 pieces of festivity for the yuletide.
In the blog post I was composing in my head, my intention was to convey to anyone who cared that I will be away from the blog for awhile, in order to give painting, gessoing, bone-folding, found objecting, and a general artiness, priority over blog-browsing, emailing, net-surfing, TV-watching, dancing, meeting strangers at coffehouses, putting my shirts on inside-out to see if anyone notices, drinking a variety of clear and present substances, and generally doing anything which might detract from the previously-referenced goal of Making Stuff. I didn't want to just stop checking in here without saying why. Someone might think I'd met upon a mishap, like running into something with no give.
Yeah, this was the blog post I was pondering, while playing with Mr. Gesso.
Everything was fine, but then, something happened.
I needed a bit of a nosh, to take me through the vertiginous transition from one surfacing to the next surfacing. And, knowing there was a ready stash of freshly-purchased Trader Joe's fare in the cupboard, I sprang to my feet and dashed to the pantry.
Whereupon, I had two of these in rapid succession:

Say what you will (such as, 'where are the chocolate chips?', 'they're at least 90% fat!', 'they aren't even leather', etc.), these babies are GOOD. These things are good in the way that being the next shopper in line when a new lane opens is good.
At the same time, these deceptive little things are EVIL. They will wither you faster than a look from your neighbor after your dog visits their manicured lawn.
In short, I'm telling you: DON'T GET THESE.
Unfortunately, there were only two left in the box. What happened to the rest?, I asked Mr. Gesso.
In order to restore balance to the universe, I decided to wash them down with four of these:
Which are rather small, and have sprinkles. Unfortunately, there are still quite a few of those in the box.
So I just wanted to post notice that I may not get to writing that post about not writing for awhile.
12 comments:
I totally understand. And I'll miss you if you really are going away with Mr. Gesso and the shortbread.
Sweet Lord..you got it bad. Thanks for the fair warning on the shortbread...but I am afraid that your warning created a strong sense of defiance in my brain and I must buy those tomorrow.....
oh my. is there anything better than shortbread? yes, i like 90% fat!!! truly, there is NO cookie that i like better. (it may be a virgo thing...)
have a creative, shortbread filled blogging hiatus...
Shortbread is an important part of a well-balanced diet! Have fun arting :-)
Oh good shortbread, nothing better, I can well imagine how the box got empty all by itself!
I clicked on the Yule Swap because I liked the look of the card and found the most incredible looking card of a small girl and a chopped down tree which the blog told me could be purchased but when I clicked on to the sight I couldn't find it anywhere. I must have that card. It's your fault I'm frustated now so fix it.
Anoymous K
I can relate to those 'distractions'!! Here's hoping the box runs out and the gesso flows....
Dear Anonymous K;
Because your interpersonal skills are so fabulous, I will work effortlessly to get this resolved.
Sincerely,
Anonymous C
http://www.cafepress.com/opheliasart
Try this link for the card.
continued.... then click on "Posters & Art" and then on "Greeting Cards 10"
Or start with the page I found it on originally - http://www.faeriecards.com/winter-solstice-cards.asp
Hope that helps.
thanks for dropping by my blog Chris..I just love the way you blog very funny. As for the gesso pages. I just stamped with gesso then let it dry and painted over it then quickly wiped it off. I painted a couple of pages then stamped with gesso over the dried paint and my fav one was to paint the page (let it dry) then layer the gesso on really thickly then stamp into this but make sure you clean all the yucky gesso off or it will ruin your stamp. Hope this helps..so get on out there and go gesso mad! and thanks for visiting my blog and your great comments!
I'm laughing so hard that my sides are in stitches!
oh ... and there really isn't topping a good piece of shortbread, well, unless you are topping it with a dip into dark chocolate. :)
ART ON, busy C!
Post a Comment