November 25, 2008

Yule Come Back Now--Hear?


THIS is what I'd like to see right now.


This is my brother's backyard (golf course) last year. He lives in the high desert. I am hoping it happens again this year, because I want to be out in the snow snow snow! I think this snow thing happened in January, so I have a month or so to wait. I live in one of the valleys of Los Angeles County, where there are days you have to guard against being outside too long, unless you want to be a wallet.

Anyway, I am so into the holiday spirit all of a sudden. I'm usually the one who complains when the Christmas decorations are up after Halloween (and it still irks me), and I still think it's a bit TOO EARLY FOR CAROLS on the radio. But right now, here's what I have on my Flix list:
The Year Without A Santa Claus
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Christmas In Connecticut
The Santa Clause
A Muppet Christmas Carol
and there are a few thousand more, but you get the idea.
It's odd because before Halloween I was saying, oh, I'm not ready for Christmas! Do we have to decorate this year!? I think what I was really saying is: I'm already thinking about Christmas because I want to get all the foofarah out.

Here we were last year, making little Christmas tree kits. Scout, my dog, needed a bit of help with hers.


This year, it's gingerbread houses on Thanksgiving day. Yes, indeed. And I got two more of those little lighted village houses to put out. But I'm not putting them out before Friday. No no no! Not doing it, probably!



Next Up: Before the mistletoe can be installed, Chris just starts kissing everyone.

11 comments:

Mrs Pretzel said...

HA!! Let the kissing begin!! Thanks for the niceness on my blog!! I'm really just glad I'm not the only person in the universe who thinks those are the dumbest commercials EVER.

Anonymous said...

Is Scout making a gingerbread house or just eating the one you make?

Anonymous K

Lorraine said...

Our local village has put all the little christmas trees up over their shops so it looks magical for the kids. There is a big lighting up of the main tree ceremony on Saturday so we usually put all our deccies up on the house the first week of christmas..its great for all my kids as they get so excited!! Like the idea of gingerbread houses..I made one a couple of years ago and burnt all my fingers!! and it all fell to bits!!

Kelly Kilmer said...

What? No "Christmas Story"?

;)

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping to see snow next week in Philadelphia. Have fun making the gingerbread houses!

Chris said...

I love A Christmas Story, but it hurts my tongue!

Anonymous said...

From the amount of white ash that's still drifting down onto my balcony from the wildfires (and I'm MILES from any of them), I'd say a snowy vista is not far off, so long as the wind doesn't blow and I can refrain from sweeping (snork).

One Crabapple said...

oh me too. I want snow too !

Yes too early, I agree....

I always want to watch / read LITTLE WOMEN for the holidays...same feeling as your little village houses you are talking about.

GINGERBREAD HOUSES ! wow. how fun.

(yes I am fine and live over a ways from that fire. Thank you for your concern ! that was so sweet and I am sorry I took too long to answer back !)

xxo-Looking forward to kisses with or w/o the mistletoe!
S.

TBM said...

Gingerbread houses smell soooo good and worthy of Thanksgiving day, I think! And I'm with you on feeling the Christmas spirit. I don't know if it was the snow flurry we had on Sunday, but I'm ready for The Season :-)

Anonymous said...

PS, love the glimpse of the two anonymous but legendary figures in the lower photo!

Anonymous said...

My gingerbread house is the best!