Hi, Folks!
First, I want to send out heartfelt thanks to all for your well wishes. My back's progressing nicely and I feel very lucky that I can manage it as well as I can. And I did NOT have to ask Joe to put me in a headlock, as one kind reader suggested, so it's all good.
Last night, I was listening to my iPod, and my go-to show, among the many I listen to, is the Rachel Maddow Show. There's a radio version from Air America, and there's also an audio of the MSNBC show. I have a video iPod, but I don't like to watch the video when I'm trying to relax while listening to bad news.
Anyway... Maddow had a good talk with some official guy about the TVA coal ash spill and I thought I'd zip over this morning and get the link so's you who are interested could listen to it. But I can't find it.
So, if you happen to have iTunes and subscribe to Maddow's show, check out the January 9 radio broadcast. If you don't subscribe, go to Rachel Maddow online, and look for it. All I can find is video from her MSNBC show, and that isn't about the TVA.
Also, if you happen to have the link to the radio show, please post a comment so people who might be interested could listen. There are hundreds of these plants all over the country, largely unregulated.
Happy Monday...
and Peace Out!
8 comments:
Sorry about the back issue rearing it's ugly head again but I still expect you to have made some incredible dessert for the dinner party. Otherwise I might have to stay home and wash my hair.
Anonymous K
and stop picking on chicken sassypants!
Glad you're feeling better! And I read about your delivery to MA, what a girl, hurting and still have the energy to find shoe boxes and deliver. I'm tellin' ya, I want to be you when I grow up...smooches
Leau, it always gets better when I'm on drugs! But I think driving helped in an odd way, and shoeboxes are really light, so I made MA carry up all the other stuff!
Anonymous K, I will make sure to be almost completely recovered by the time I made dessert tomorrow.
you always liked chicken sassy pants best.
I am so sorry I missed the news of your back. I hope you are doing much better now. Aha! So now I know your favorite show. Rachel Maddow's views and mine do not synch up but she is very cute.
Thanks for the feedback. I listened to Rachel Maddow's show once in Air America. I think she is a brilliant young woman but I read her blog and her commenters were just viscious. It's a tit-for tat interaction at political blogs where people are anonymous. If the commenters know each other, they tend to be more thoughtful and civilized.
Ces, I agree with you. I don't think her comments section is much different from any other political blog's comments. I somehow appreciate the blogs that don't allow comments, because it doesn't have to be a collaborative effort with informative and essay blogs, and anonymous commentary on those is usually hyperbolic. It stresses me out just to read them!
Actually, I've never read her blog. I must be selective, you know... and now I read art and design blogs!!
Yes, the anonimity in blogs give people a chance to be viscious!
Post a Comment