January 8, 2009

More Than You Want To Know

What the heck is happening?!

It's time for journaling, and what's happened? I had an arm injury. Minor. Then I painted four surfaces over the course of four nights. I've heard that painting surfaces ahead of time is a good idea, and frankly, I feel the same way. So, having picked out the journal, selected the papers, conceived the writer-friendly style, and painted some surfaces, I'm ready to journal.

Weekend's over. I take the pages to work, with my pencils, pens, watercolor pens, and stamps. What happens? Audit. Audit, inventory, property tax adjustments and attendant spreadsheets. Eyes hurt. Headache. Take tylenol, nap at lunch. Then: the VFW is coming out to pick up stuff. Please leave gifts on porch. Okay! Going through all the cabinets, all the shelves, all the clothes, all the shoes, still can't find mother's last photo portrait, a little frantic, put all stuff in bags and boxes for pick up, fall into bed tired.

Have to put on flannel sheets, vacuum, dust, and put away holiday decorations. Arrange and organize studio supplies. Send out some mailart.



Yesterday: BIG work issue. LOTS of drama. Calls, spreadsheets, 'loud discussion', searching headhunters for new position, headache, eye strain, not twittering worth a damn. Go home, in a fit of Entitlement have four glasses of champagne and watch Life and Times of Harvey Milk, fall asleep. Wake up with champagne headache. Tylenol.

Drive to work this morning with pens and pencils box, journal surfaces, and 47 pounds of magazines cleared out from house to offer others and put in office bookshelves. Thinking as I drive in the dark: Must blog. Haven't blogged. Haven't produced any sharable art in weeks. Haven't read blogs. Haven't mailed checks for art. Haven't tweeted. Haven't surfed porn.

Get to work. Get out pens to steal a little journaling before 8. Call from IT consultant: must take conference call at 730.


AUGHHGHGHHGH!!

Leave resignation letter on controller's desk: Have Blog, Will Starve.


Next Up: Chris uses blog as catharsis journal. Journal surfaces become placemats.

8 comments:

Lorraine said...

why does xmas upset our routines so much hey!! I am just about getting back into the swing of things artwise..I am amazed at those who can produce fantastic art after any kind of holiday..it takes me ages to get my mojback..hope work gets less mad

Chris said...

Thank you,Lorraine!
I hope this doesn't sound like I'm just bitchin, because I'm really eager about my journal and I'm infused with inspiration from all the wonderful journalers out there who have shared their wisdom!

Anonymous said...

Oh noooooo! What a week you had! I've been audited before and it's a pain in the butt. Now I am a hoarder of any paperwork that involves taxes. I like that you kept your focus on your art, though. And that you treated yourself to four glasses of champagne. You go, girl!

Sharon said...

Sounds like me and my work. If nobody wants to do it......Get Sharon to do it. If something happens outside of my job description and I try to get out of dealing with it......Boss says, You're a manager, you need to be involved." ARGGG! I'm a Gofer, and Chaufer, and the copy machine repairman......That came from a Kenny Chesney Song......

TBM said...

Whew! What a week!! Here I was picturing you taking it easy after all your holiday celebrating.

Oh, that first week back is awful, isn't it? I'll be glad when things get back to normal.

Hang tight!

PS You're giving away all those magazines?! No collaging in your journal?!?!?!

3rdEyeMuse said...

I am laughing way too hard to offer any comment other than ... I'm feeling for you ... I can't wait to see what you'll do ... it'll happen before too long, I am certain. :)

Anonymous said...

you tweet? send my your twitter name, please!

Blurp.

Anonymous said...

as usual, you are sooooooooooooo cute when you rant...