I thought I'd share a few pictures, to convey to you just how important the butter and the whiskey are... As you can see, even as you begin to measure out the flour, the two sticks of room-temperature butter and the Wild Turkey bourbon whiskey are ready to go.

Make sure to use plenty of butter to prep the crevasses of your decorative Bundt pan. The Bundt pan has a rich history, about which you can read here, and here.

After generously buttering the pan, you melt the sticks of butter by warming them with brewed coffee and whiskey.

This is when the cocoa powder is incorporated. The warm sauce fills the kitchen with the scent of chocolate, coffee, and whiskey. Which I've looked for in a hanging deoderizer for the car, but can't seem to find...

And look at that bubbly cake batter!
The pan is prepared with a dusting of cocoa, and the spatula gets every drop of batter out of the pan...YUM!
Later tonight or tomorrow, when I turn it out of the pan and dust it with powdered sugar, I'll give you the finished product. Well, I can't give it to you, but... I show it to you...
Now we segue-way to surfaces.

I painted a couple of surfaces for journaling, and I thought I'd show them to you. There are a couple of other ones I'll show in future. Those are being worked on. As you probably know, I love using the unmounted rubber stamps from Green Pepper Press, putting down thick images with gesso, and then washing over them after they're dry. It makes for a very interesting textured surface for continuing to build upon.

Next, along with the cake, I'll show some more of the bookmarks I recently sent out to a few people who have been so sweet in my life, and the book I'll be using as my journal.
Oh, and a very nice gift I received in today's mail! Aren't artists wonderful folk?
You betcha!
Next up: Chris somehow forgets about the dinner party entirely and has whiskey cake for breakfast.
8 comments:
The backgrounds look yummy, but not quite as edible as the CAKE! Mmm mmm! Can't wait to see the finished product!
OK, I have the hardest time turning cakes out of my fancy bundt pans. Fortunately, my little oven here in England is too small for those things, so they are safely put away for the duration of our stay. Thank goodness! I am sure that your cake happily fell out of your pan. That cake sounds delicious.
I adore your paintings! Such gorgeous colours.
You have beautiful hands!!!
why wasn't i invited? i could forget everything and have whiskey cake too ;-) love you and your art, be gentle w/your back, honeybunch.
LOVED the bookmarks, kept them both, don't want to share. see you soon.
s
Nothing else I love more...cake and backgrounds. :)
Oh boy, cake! Cake is good.
Cake solves so many problems except for why my clothes can no longer be buttoned.
See you tonight.
Anonymous K
p.s. the backgrounds look great
Be consoled; all things considered, a whiskey-scented car deodorizer is probably not a good idea anyway. WE know you were driving that way because a huge sack o' beads on the passenger seat suddenly tipped over and they went everywhere, but the cop who stops you is going to rely on his own first impressions.
I think I can smell your cake all the way over here - yum. wait, maybe it's the granola uber spouse is making ... no, that was just a sample taste & OMG! it's gonna be yummy. :)
I'm liking your backgrounds & looking forward to seeing even more.
Post a Comment