January 27, 2009

...And It Follows As the Night the Day...


It appears that the curlicues I was inspired by the Street Team Crusade to make on a journal page earlier this month, have just stayed with me. They seem to be popping up whenever I have a pen in hand. In fact, I had an eraser out a couple of days ago, and thought of carving a stamp image into it. And although I didn't carve the stamp at the time, the first image that came to mind for carving was the curlicue.

Two weeks after my Crusade journal page was done, I was busy working on the tags I am using for a different project.


As I began writing on the backs of the tags, light-years beyond the Street Team's tractor beam influence, I suddenly felt the need to make more curlicues, and place them all around the words! For no apparent reason!!



Clearly, once I start curlicue-ing, I just can't stop! I must put curlicues everywhere! I gave a greeting card earlier this week, and on the front of it, I put the recipient's name and then... a curlicue!

What's happening?!?

??? Hey... ???

...don't question marks look a lot like...

No! They don't !! Just stop it!



Next up: Chris becomes frantic when her yoga instructor claims there really isn't a 'curlicue asana'.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!

I think those curlicues the same as swirls? I call them swirls - I looove this pattern too! And my bookmarks, and their curly tails! :-)

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

TBM said...

I love the direction you're headed! So much positive energy. Go Chris!

PS "Life is not a dress rehearsal" is one of my daughter's favourite quotes :-)

Cheryl Gebhart said...

More curlicues - cool!

Anonymous said...

What are you doing with all those tags, sister? They look so colorful...are you guerilla tagging?? :)

Chris said...

guerrilla tagging?!? What's That?!?!!?!?!?

Anonymous said...

oh...but I am sure I know of plenty curlicue yoga asana :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for joining blog giveaway love your creations! Inspiring!

3rdEyeMuse said...

oh, Chris, you did NOT! (ask what guerilla tagging is) ... if yes, go visit grrl+dog for a refresher ...

as far as the curlicues/swirlies - they really are the BEST. I don't beleive they can ever be overused. :) the tags look super yummy! can't wait to find out what's happening with them.

Chris said...

Oh, Michelle, I was joking! Who doesn't know what guerrilla tagging is?! I would be SO behind the times if I did not know... and have...A PLAN!

Bwaaahahahahahaha!

michelle ward said...

Chris - glad to see you have the curlies on the brain....makes you think everything needs a little whimsical touch doesn't it? Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm with the team :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how a shape turns up *everywhere* once you start really seeing. Cool curls :-)

Anonymous said...

I love the curls too! So glad I'm not the only one with the disorder!

Kim Mailhot said...

Hi My Name is Kim and I am a curlicue-aholic or whoopseedoos (???) as my husband calls them !One of my favs too !

Nice job having fun with your shape,Chris !Those tags and the butterflies in the next post are so beautiful - someone has been having fun with paint !!!
Thanks for the visit and my high marks for spelling !;-)

Anonymous said...

loving the tags, they are addictive in themselves, so that with the curliques you may have to join a crafter's 12 step program.