January 3, 2009

Journalicious


Yo! Whaddup, my peeps?!


I have been sequestered in my studio, organizing after the explosive holidays, putting things in order, tossing things that

MAKE
NO
SENSE
WHATEVER,
EVEN
ON
ALTERED-
OBJECT
TERMS,

and making it safe for Democracy again..
and it was HORRIFYING!








I was so tired after that that I joined my honey for a trip to see Bolt. Have you ever gone to a movie marketed for kids? On a holiday? After the first show? I had to stand up and make one of my famous 'I paid to get in here, too!' speeches just before the film started. You know, the kind that makes everyone who accompanies me sink down into their seats and cover their heads. Some of my peeps have been known to move over a seat, but it was even too crowded for that.

After my calming message, we all sat quietly and ate our popcorn and drank our phosphorus-laden caramel-colored carbonated drinks, or sugar juices, and watched one of the best movies I've seen all year! Yes! Or, the past two years!

Speaking of fabulous movies, run, don't walk, to Netflix and rent Ghost Town. You'll die!

I've just been blathering on about inconsequentials and forgot to tell you that my journaling year is starting off wonderfully. WHY? Because of THIS. And this, and this, and this. I've been preparing pages.

On a final note, I heard from my friend Carrie that Stuffed magazine is in the hizzouse! Have any of you checked out this dedication to softies everywhere? Please leave your reviews of stuffed, so I can determine if I should get it, considering I'm not making softies, I don't sew much, I'm working only on journals this year, and I'm late with my shrine for Oaxacan children, which project I think all of you should consider seriously because IT'S GOOD FOR PEACE!

Peace being my word for the new year.

Peace out!



Next Up: Chris yells at some guy for having 13 items in the express line.

7 comments:

Sharon said...

I too, want to get busy on my art work space. But it has been hard. I just found your blog recently and go check what's going on each day. I just started my own blog, http://creationdestination.blogspot.com/ Check it out. I have a good fried that is an artist plus, with anything, and she made me a great journal for Xmas that I am suppose to begin working in. Sharon

girlgonethreadwild said...

Oh you...

NSYNC

we are!

Stop by.

And... my giveaway INCLUDES my stuff I'm tossing out...

(laughs)

You know what they say,

one man's junk..

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Tossing confetti in your ear and running to give ya great big hugs!

Anonymous said...

hidy ho
feeling low
cold is back
my creativity lacks
I'm going back to bed.

3rdEyeMuse said...

pretty, pretty peacock. :)

I've been doing some serious organizing, too ... exhausting, but oh-so-worth it!

... if it makes you feel any better, I haven't finished my shrine(s) either AND am shooting to ship them (well, at least one of the two) out by Monday ... oh yeah, I'm mental. :)

peace back at you!

lynne h said...

hey chris! whoa, i haven't been to mary ann's place in a while. i will be going directly there next...

peace back at ya...

xo

Anonymous said...

Hey there should be more comments adding on to your admiration of
Bolt. What's wrong with your readers? Do they not realize that you can't craft or blog a film like this. That they should have all run to the theatre after reading your blog praising this movie? Forget Peace and just give
Bolt a chance.
Anonymous K

Chris said...

Umm....


...yes.