January 6, 2009

Cosmetically Impaired


Hi, all!

You people are so great. Thank you for all your supportive comments! My arm is almost perfect again. Last night I prepared more surfaces for the journal and I'm hoping to do more work on them during lunch. I think this may become an obsession with me. Yes...

As for the previous post, an excerpt from Joe's letter, you all know good stuff when you read it. I've forwarded your kind comments to him. I was lucky enough to meet with him this morning for coffee, and found out he's going to the inauguration! Excuse me!
Just before meeting him, I was listening to one of my radical radio talk shows, and they were talking about what to look forward to, if you're going to the inauguration:

Be prepared to walk for between 3 and 5 miles from the train station to the site.
Be prepared to stand shoulder to shoulder with strangers for up to eight hours.
Be prepared to hold on to your... biological needs, for quite some time.
Wear dry, warm, comfortable shoes.

I mentioned these to Joe. Well, apparently, he's going to be carried around, like Cleopatra, on a palanqin to all sites.

I may have to reassess this relationship.



Next up: Chris, inspired by Cleopatra, puts on too much eyeliner and can't see a thing. Oddly, her journal pages show a marked improvement.



6 comments:

Julio Muao said...

LOL@biological needs...that would not work for me. I'm accustomed to staying hydrated throughout the day which means an evacuation center must always be close by*smile*.
Looking forward to watching it at a local inaugural celebration not too far from home.

P.S. do you think Joe may want to sport your new shoes with the ormolus at the celebration? I'm sure it will get him media attention.
Thanks for the laugh Chris

Susan Tuttle said...

bio needs -- truth be told. Depends?

i love the lemon tree in your banner -- i want to pick one.

xo

Leslie said...

I believe I'll watch the inauguration from my sofa, unless Joe is selling seats on his palanqin. There will be no controlling my biological needs!

Anonymous said...

The eyeliner looks good on you in the photo, but what really wows me is how you made that outfit with just macaroni, gold paint and glitter.

3rdEyeMuse said...

I thought I had something to say, but then I read Yet Another Steve's comment & I haven't been able to stop giggling since ...

Chris said...

I know what you mean!
And when I cry laughing, the eyeliner runs.