First, my friend Cris, who recently moved to Maui and who comes back here occasionally to go with me to a class (or, maybe she comes back to visit her son or to take care of unfinished personal business that has nothing to do with me, I mean, that's what she says, but really, let's face it).
What was I saying?
Oh, yeah! So, Cris, who knows how much I love and miss Hawaii and its cookies, sent over to me, without notice, explanation, or even postage-due, this:

Hula Cookies!!
Have you had these? These are fabulous. This particular canister has three kinds of cookies: chocolate-chocolate chip macadamia nut, ginger macadamia nut, oatmeal papaya macadamia nut. There may be some unleavened hemp, pure unprocessed poppy flower, and coconut and Percocet-chip cookies in there, as well, but you didn't hear it from me.
And they are packed really well, and you know how I know? Because no matter how much you and the dog try, you can't smell them through the plastic inner wrappers! They are so insulated for freshness, that you can't even tell something yummy's in there until you see them!

Oh, and of course, eat them.
I'm a lucky girl.
Also, my good friend Jeanette, knowing that I've been missing my mother, whose name (like Jeanette's mother's) was Rose, made this mosaic wall-hanging for me, as a Christmas gift.

I ask you: Am I a lucky girl?
Last night we had a little dinner party and a good time was had by all. And as a side note, for those who may be wondering...the alcoholic content in whiskey does not 'bake out' of a chocolate whiskey bundt cake.
Next up: Chris shows some goodies she got in the mail by using her S&H Green Stamps* and a bit of blackmail.
*if you know what these are, time for the scooter store.
9 comments:
Very lucky indeed! I love macadamia nuts and once I told my husband that in case we have an argument and I stopped talking to him, he can make up by giving me macadamia cookies or nuts.
You are truly the bright spot in my morning ;-)
I'll have some percocet macademia ones please! Don't forget to leave a bird in the book. Love ya'
s
oh and yes, i used to have to lick those puppies, my tounge still tastes like glue.. can i have my scooter now???
s
It's the Rascal! (the scooter). Not the Vespa. Just to be clear. Hehe. I want those cookies. I remember the last time I went to Kauai with my sister and we bought boxes and boxes of cookies. We were just driving and we saw this cookie store and she swerved off the road so we wouldn't miss it. Luckily the store was not on the cliffside. Hawaii cookies are a different species of cookie, they are so good.
Hau'oli Makakili Hou & 'A'ole pikikia! Glad you like your cookies and isn't the tin way cool?
Ahola-BIGcris
(Happy New Year & you're welcome)
Oh, the cookies look so good, and your stain glass is lovely... Thank you so much for your encouragement and lovely comments on my blog, you make my heart happy! Roxanne
You ARE a lucky girl! Hawaiian Cookies! Whoo hoo!! Definitely worth a hula dance in celebration. What a sweet friend. And that rose mosaic...now that is also thoughtful. Yep, you have good friends.
PS: A whiskey chocolate bundt cake? Girl, you and I are meant to be friends! I made a whisky ham for Christmas but I'm thinking a whiskey chocolate bundt cake is a much better idea. And really, who cares if the whiskey doesn't bake out...that's fine by me... :)
most people assume that I am a gentle soul ... those people have never seen the lengths I would go to for a really, really good cookie (that usually includes some type of chocolate and or macadamia nuts) ... I'm just saying, you've been warned! lol
yes, you definitely are one lucky girl (and I can't think of anyone more deserving). enjoy your goodies.
Hey I know what s&h green stamps are- and about six years ago, I helped my mom cash hers in for toys for the littles!!! It was fun! Are they still around?
I can't have a scooter- my two year old would want to drive it. My six year old would defitely take it over, and my ten yoear old would go into hiding....
Post a Comment