January 12, 2009

Kumbaya

Just a short one to say I'm feeling SO much better today. My back is almost perfect, and my arms are all well, and look like Popeye arms again. I am going to do some more painting and not even concern myself with journaling on it. I love painting surfaces, I've decided.

Tonight I'm going to photograph the book I've decided to use as my art journal. My loose-page journal work was making me feel a bit wonky, and in the course of clearing out our house I came upon a big sturdy book with birds in it, and I got a good feeling from it, like we were already friends.

I'm going to gut that sucker and bend it to my will!

Sincerely,
Chris

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh I long for popeye arms.
I have uncooked pork sausage arms... legacy from a german heritage.

rivergardenstudio said...

I am glad you are feeling better, and can hardly wait to see your new journal! Roxanne

Sharon said...

Bend and bend and bend!!! can't wait to see your new friendly journal. Byeee! Sharon

Ces Adorio said...

Very glad to read this. Also looking forward to how the journal comes out. I love reading about other artist's projects. I try to catch their enthusiasm.

3rdEyeMuse said...

yipee to speedy recovery!

there's magic to be made in a book that you already jive with. :)

Susan Tuttle said...

glad to hear you are feeling better.

have fun digging into the book!

glad you liked the article in WWC -- it was fun to meditate on my method so i could answer the questions.

xo