I've just joined ArtFire.
I have no idea what I'm even doing.
Is this a commitment to selling my work? Is this my 'Yes I Can' moment? Do I have anything AT ALL ready to sell, after swapping it all out?
Here's the deal: I am thinking about selling some stuff.
I know the market is, from what I've seen, rife with fabulous works I can't even begin to approach in quality at this early stage of my development. However, there is no reason why we who make things cannot find those who want things, and hook up with them. (In the platonic sense, of course, unless it's happy hour.)
Would not the president, himself, say that this is the time for independent artists, for gonzo designers, for guerrilla collagists? Would not the president, himself, say, "This is a time of sacrifice. And I say, it is time to sacrifice your creative trepidation on the altar of grass-roots commerce." HUH?! Would not he?
You're right. He wouldn't say anything like that.
But then, what does he know?
As soon as I've actually made something I'm not swapping or gifting or hiding in the back of a closet, I'll let you know how it goes.
Next up: Chris is shocked to find out from other artists that buyers usually insist their purchases be mailed to them.
7 comments:
: ) You can do it! Hope is surrounding us all, at this moment.
What does a guerilla collagist collage? :)
I say go for it. Just put it out there and try. NEver heard of Artfire...but happy to see they don't charge selling fees....main reason I am leaving etsy..leaving-ish for now..I think. Anyway- best of luck!!
Amen, Sistah-Art-Goddess!
He might, he's pretty smart ya know. Can't wait to check out ArtFire. And good for you...go for it! smooches
yes you can. I am going through the same thing right now. In fact I am typing this from the back of the cupboard where I hid all my etsy things.
Congrats for jumping in the deep end!
Well done, Chris! Can't wait to hear more about your new store :-)
Post a Comment