January 19, 2009

Beginnings

I thought I'd share the first butterfly surfaces, since I've been rather busy and haven't done any work on them today. These are painted, stamped, some are embossed, and there are more to paint and cut out before assembling. But there's been no time today. In fact, I sat down just a little while ago, to watch the entire day of taped programming on the pre-inauguration activities of Michelle and Barack on Martin Luther King day.


I was sitting here watching Barack paint the walls of a community shelter, although he didn't get too much painting done, with all the cameras, and the people shaking his hand and him talking about MLK, while telling a few jokes, and eventually telling the press to move along now, so he could get more done. Just minutes before he'd have to leave to go have lunch at a nearby high school. And while watching him and Michelle performing their separate services in honor of King's message of giving, I couldn't help but to be inspired. And I thought to myself,

"That guy's going to be completely exhausted on Wednesday. He'd better pace himself."

3 comments:

LK said...

You crack me up. He sure does have his work cut out for him, though....

Anonymous said...

YOU thought somebody ELSE needed self-pacing? Kiddo, compared to your frenzied (and yet high-quality) output, Martha Stewart is a slattern who doesn't even get up till mid-afternoon.

Laume said...

LOL. I had similar thoughts. And then tonight he's got to be out at the balls until the wee hours but is expected to be at work bright and early the next morning solving all the worlds problems within 36 hours or so. (well, okay, maybe we'll give him a bit more time) But I think the adrenalin is keeping him going right now. I know it is me and I'm just watching it from across the country!