January 18, 2009

Snaps




Just a few more photos from the back yard, because I went out and saw those lemons and how they LOVE the sun, then saw the iris blooming, and on my way in, saw our cyclamen just about as red as it could get.



The last couple of days I've been working on butterflies for Houston's Holocaust Museum's 2011 butterfly project. They commissioned me for this because of my storied history of butterfly crafting.*


*That's big lie. Don't listen to me. The museum is welcoming butterflies from everyone. They have no idea who I am or what I'm doing. Which is probably best, when I think about it.

10 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

Very interesting about the butterflies and the Holocaust. Send some lemons!

Leslie said...

Wow, you could make lemonade from stuff you picked in your backyard. I love that! My backyard is all . . . well, brown and frozen.

Love the butterfly project.

Anonymous said...

LOL You ARE the funniest blogger :)

Lost Aussie said...

Love dem lemons....they just make me think of sunshine and spring!

Julio Muao said...

hahaha Chris, I love your sense of humor...you big lemon. xoxoxo Julio

Leau said...

Show off, go ahead, rub it in...I did see lemons at the grocery store the other day. Does that count? Have fun with the flutterbys. smooches

TBM said...

Oh my gosh, these photos are gorgeous! It's so grey and dreary here in England today. UGH.

That is neat about the butterflies... in my hometown. That is a wonderful museum, by the way.

Anonymous said...

wow, you got me...I'm thinking she's got this commission!! Well, the project looks wonderful glad you can be part of it!

3rdEyeMuse said...

you seriously crack me up ... I soooo wish I lived out there & could come play with you. :)

ch said...

I was just reading about the butterfly project. I think this is a wonderful project that should be taught in every school. We should never forget.